Happy 21st Birthday Ribbon Gift Cake Present


I received a call from someone in Fredricksburg to order a cake for her cousin who lives in the area.  She informed me that her cousin was attending culinary school and she wanted to surprise her with a cake (so that she wouldn't have to make her own!).  I hope she liked her surprise birthday cake with her favorite colors!

Theme: 21st Birthday
Cake: Vanilla Gold Butter Cake
Filling: Vanilla Buttercream

I baked the Vanilla Gold Butter Cakes, filled with 3 layers of Vanilla Buttercream filling for each tier (there is a 6 inch and 8 inch cake). 

Then I covered the 6 inch cake with gray fondant, then added a thick pink ribbon around and white pearl buttercream dots at the base of the cake.

Next, I covered the 8 in cake with purple fondant, then added the diamond lattice for the purple cake, then added a thin pink fondant ribbon and white pearl buttercream dots around.

I made a large pink ribbon using half fondant half gumpaste so that it hardens and holds it shape when I place it on the cake.

Happy 21st Birthday Janaya!












Popular posts from this blog

Minnie Mouse Birthday Cake & Mickey / Minnie Cake Pops

Army Helicopter Birthday Cake